The Experienced Course for operating a mini digger is designed to provide recognition and certification to experienced construction plant operators. This comprehensive plant training and assessment program allows participants to showcase their skills, knowledge, and attitudes associated with plant operations.
The course begins with an introduction session, where participants register and undergo an induction to familiarize themselves with the course structure and objectives.
Candidates will then engage in a 3-hour training session with the course instructor, addressing any areas that require improvement or refinement.
Following the corrective training, participants will undertake a theory test, consisting of a 45-minute multi-choice question paper. The questions cover various subjects, including:
- Legislation and regulations
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Safe working practices
- Machine components and functions
- Correct operating techniques
- Pre-use checks and basic maintenance
- Road travel (where permitted)
- Types and characteristics of materials and loads
- construction safety, and shut down and securing procedures.
The topics covered during the corrective training will serve as the basis for these questions.
The practical test involves the demonstration of tasks using the mini digger. Candidates must complete the tasks within a specified time frame.
Upon meeting the required standard, NCTS Ltd will forward the relevant assessment documentation to Solas for certification and registration. The feedback and certification process ensures that participants receive recognition for their achievements.
If candidates have any specific assessment requirements, such as the need for a translator or a reader/writer, NCTS Ltd must be informed well in advance to arrange appropriate assistance. Candidate information regarding assessment requirements will be treated with utmost confidentiality by NCTS Ltd.
With a course duration of one day, this program equips experienced operators with the necessary skills and certification to safely operate a mini digger, providing them with enhanced career opportunities in the field.
1. Have at least six months full time construction experience operating the item of Plant. The six months experience must be within a two year period.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Have undertaken Safety Awareness Training including the following: Employees duties/responsibilities, Health and Hygiene, traffic management, site specific hazards / safety