The New Entrant Course for 360 Excavator is a comprehensive three-day program designed to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely operate a 360 excavator in a construction environment.
Day One of the course focuses on new entrants, with an induction session that covers the course objectives and expectations. It also includes registration and initial induction activities, ensuring that participants are well-prepared for the training ahead.
On Day Two, participants delve into the core content of the course. They receive detailed instruction in various areas, including an induction to
- The Machine Operators Manual
- Performing machine maintenance checks
- Operating the machine
- Being aware of machine safety protocols
- Preparing the machine for movement
- Traveling with the machine
- And engaging in various machine operations.
Day Three centers around further machine operations. Candidates undergo a practical test where they must demonstrate their ability to perform specific tasks related to operating the tractor dozer. This includes tasks such as:
- Setting up the machine for operation
- Carrying out operations effectively
- And correctly parking and securing the machine.
The practical test is time-limited, requiring candidates to complete all tasks within a specified maximum time.
By the end of the three-day course, participants will have gained a solid foundation in operating a tractor dozer safely and efficiently. On completion of the course, participants will receive a Solas log book allowing them to work under supervision. Once they have completed a 6-month work experience log book, candidates can then be assessed for the relevant QSCS CARD, which further enhances their professional qualifications.
1. Have at least three months General Site Experience
2. Be at least 18 years of age
3. Hold a Valid Safe Pass Card