The Experienced Course for operating a rigid dumper is designed to provide experienced quarry plant operators with the opportunity to gain certification and recognition for their skills, knowledge, and attitudes associated with plant operations.
The course begins with registration and induction to familiarize participants with the program objectives and requirements.
Training includes a 3-hour training session with the course instructor, aimed at refining and enhancing the participants' existing knowledge and skills.
A theory test follows the corrective training, where candidates are given 45 minutes to complete a multi-choice question paper. The questions cover various subjects, including:
- Legislation and regulations
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Safe working practices
- Machine components and functions
- Correct operating techniques
- Pre-use checks and basic maintenance
- Road travel (where permitted)
- Types and characteristics of materials and loads
- Quarry safety, and shutdown and securing procedures.
The topics covered during the corrective training will be the basis for the questions.
The practical test assesses the candidate's ability to perform tasks specific to the operation of the rigid dumper. Candidates must complete the tasks within a specified maximum time.
Upon meeting the required standard, NCTS Ltd will provide feedback and send the relevant assessment documentation to Solas for certification and registration.
If candidates have specific assessment requirements, such as needing a translator, reader/writer, or other accommodations, NCTS Ltd must be informed well in advance of the one-day program to make the necessary arrangements, ensuring confidentiality of the information.
The course duration is one day, allowing experienced operators to demonstrate their proficiency in safely operating a rigid dumper and obtain the necessary certification.
1. Have at least six months full time quarry experience operating the item of Plant. The six months experience must be within a two year period.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Have undertaken Safety Awareness Training including the following: Employees duties/responsibilities, Health and Hygiene, traffic management, site specific hazards / safety