The Telescopic Handler Operation Course is a comprehensive training program designed to equip experienced quarry plant operators with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely operate a telescopic handler. This course provides participants with an opportunity to demonstrate their competence in plant operations and achieve certification for their achievements.
The course begins with registration and induction, ensuring that participants are familiarized with the training environment and expectations. Candidates then undergo a 3-hour corrective training session led by a qualified instructor, focusing on addressing any skill gaps and enhancing their understanding of safe operating practices.
Following the corrective training, candidates are given 45 minutes to complete a theory test. This multi-choice question paper covers various subjects essential for operating a telescopic handler, including
- Legislation and regulations
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Safe working practices
- Machine components and functions
- Correct operating techniques
- Pre-use checks, basic maintenance
- Road travel (where permitted
- Types and characteristics of materials and loads
- Quarry safety
- Shutdown and securing procedures.
The theory test is based on the topics covered during the corrective training.
The practical test is a crucial component of the course, where candidates demonstrate their proficiency in operating the telescopic handler. They are required to perform tasks associated with the plant equipment, with a maximum time limit imposed for completing all the assigned tasks.
Upon meeting the required standard, NCTS Ltd, will send the relevant assessment documentation to Solas for certification and registration. Feedback on performance and achievement will be provided, enabling candidates to obtain recognition for their skills and knowledge in telescopic handler operation.
NCTS Ltd recognizes the importance of accommodating candidates with specific assessment requirements, such as the need for translators, reader/writers, or other forms of assistance. To ensure appropriate support is provided, candidates are encouraged to inform NCTS Ltd well in advance of the one-day program. All information regarding special needs will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
The course duration is one day, offering participants a focused and intensive learning experience. By the end of the program, participants will have gained the necessary skills, knowledge, and certification to safely and effectively operate a telescopic handler in various operational environments.
1. Have at least six months full time quarry experience operating the item of Plant. The six months experience must be within a two year period.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Have undertaken Safety Awareness Training including the following: Employees duties/responsibilities, Health and Hygiene, traffic management, site specific hazards / safety