The plant training and assessment program enables experienced quarry plant operators to gain recognition for their achievements by the way of certification, and provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with plant operations, which provides suitable certification.
Candidates for this program must:
1. Have at least six months full time quarry experience operating the item of Plant. The six months experience must be within a two year period.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Have undertaken Safety Awareness Training including the following: Employees duties/responsibilities, Health and Hygiene, traffic management, site specific hazards / safety
Registration and induction will be undertaken at the start of the day.
Candidates will undertake a 3 hour corrective training session with the course instructor
On completion of any corrective training, candidates are allowed 45 minutes to undertake a multi-choice question paper. Questions will be based on subjects about:
1. Legislation and regulations
2. Employer and employee responsibilities
3. Safe working practices
4. Machine components and functions
5. Correct operating techniques
6. Pre-use checks and basic maintenance
7. Road travel (where permitted)
8. Types and characteristics of materials and loads
9. Quarry safety
10. Shut down and securing procedures
11. Subjects that the questions will be based on will be covered during the corrective training
During the practical test, the candidate will demonstrate tasks with the plant equipment for which the candidate is being tested. The practical has a maximum time that all tasks must be completed within.
Feedback and Certification
If a candidate meets the required standard, NCTS Ltd will send the relevant assessment documentation to Solas for certification and registration.
Should a candidate have any particular assessment requirements i.e. need a translator or reader/writer or any other form of special needs, NCTS Ltd must be informed well in advance of attending the one day program so that the appropriate help may be sourced. Information regarding a candidate's particular requirements will be treated with the strictest confidence by NCTS Ltd.